Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday August 1st

I successfully picked up the LRT on Thursday, drove 55 miles home and then discovered that there was a lock on the trailer hitch. This would pose a problem installing our hitch-mounted bike rack. On Friday I successfully drove the LRT back to McKinney, helped their mechanic cut the lock off with a grinder (too corroded to unlock) and drive back home. I then began the packing process which Angi completed ~2:00am after her and Audrey got back from Virginia.




Below is the LRT loaded and ready to depart Saturday morning.



Everything was progressing nicely until we hit the north side of OKC. People were pulling up along side, honking and pointing to the rear of the LRT. I pulled over and found that a pin on the bike rack had wiggled loose and we were dragging the bikes along I35 at 70 mph. Audrey's bike took the brunt of the abuse. I have some duct tape, I think I can fix it.









The rest of day one was less eventful. All we saw was hours and hours of corn through Kansas and Nebraska. We did get passed by a gaggle? of Harley's. The lead guy was pulling a trailer, had the prototypical Harley babe in tow and had his dog sitting on the gas tank wearing sunglasses.

We are staying at the KOA in Gothenberg, NE. if anyone is in the area.







































































1 comment:

  1. Should we have Leroy send you some spare parts to go with the duct tape?

    ReplyDelete